Dr Phillip Kay
Impact Healthcare is unique owing to the longstanding involvement in Emergency Medicine in Australia by its founder and director Dr Phillip Kay and its involvement in multiple projects in multiple markets.
Dr Kay was the first Specialist in Emergency Medicine to enter the private sector in 1987, making him the most experienced private sector emergency medicine specialist in Australia.
In June 2006 Dr Kay was presented with the Order of the IFEM also known as the Fellowship of the IFEM.
The IFEM is the International Federation for Emergency Medicine which was founded in the 80's with original member countries of the USA, Canada, Great Britain and Australia. It now has 18 member countries from six continents.
The order of the IFEM has been presented to only 49 individuals in the world to 2006.
The order recognizes individuals who have demonstrated and extensive and continuous commitment to the specialty of emergency medicine in their own country as well as having made significant contributions to supporting the development and advancement of the IFEM.
Download - Order of the IFEM Citation
Profile of Impact Managing Director Dr Phillip Kay MB BS(Qld) Dip.RACOG FRACGP FACEM FIFEM
- Public Director of Emergency Medicine
- Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane; 1999 to present (currently part-time)
- Director of Emergency Medicine Gold Coast Hospital, Gold Coast; 1982 to 1987
- Private Director of Emergency Medicine
- Pindara Hospital Surfers Paradise 1987 to 1998
- Consultant to St Vincent's Hospital Toowoomba 1998 to 2005
- Wakefield Hospital Adelaide 1995 to 2011
- St Helen's Hobart 1990 to 1998
- Knox Hospital Melbourne 1988 to 1998
- Wesley Hospital Brisbane 1993 to 1996
- PA Hospital Clinical Council 2006 to present.
Holy Spirit Northside Medical Advisory Committee 2001 to present.
- Medical Director & Head of Marketing (part time), Pindara Hospital, 1987 to 1998
- Management Board member, Australian Hospital Care (AHC), 1993 to 1995
- Value management team member, AHC, 1991 to 1992
- Operational Development Director, AHC, 1990 to 1993